Memories are made when new neighbour’s come together to get to know each other like this past weekend at PACIFIC HEIGHTS,
where the neighbourhood came together to have their very first BLOCK PARTY! Morningstar is proud to be a part of such a successful new neighbourhood, where there will be many more memories yet to come!
Who’s got time to exercise when you constantly juggle work, kids, household chores, and all the rest?! This Mother’s Day, take the time to download one of these At-Home Workout Apps and get started on carving out a little time each day to be the BEST YOU CAN BE! In recent years, mobile apps have transformed fitness FROM going to the gym TO working out anyplace/anytime by making it more accessible and affordable. From running and biking to yoga and spinning classes, to pocket trainers for those seeking personalized training and nutrition, there is now a fitness app for everyone.
Getting in shape can really change your life now and your future as it improves your long-term physical and mental health, helps fight chronic disease, and much more. So what are you waiting for … Make THIS MOTHER’S DAY your BEST EVER by doing something for yourself and your health!
1. Nike Training Club app – This exercise app provides more than 180 routines with various categories including yoga, strength training, weights and running – all organized by activity. Once you open the app, it gives you 4 different options to choose from – to get lean, get toned, get strong or get focused. Each section features many different workouts at either 30 or 45 minutes and some targeted workout blasts at just 15 minutes. The best part? Nike Training Club is completely free to download and you don’t need to have internet connectivity to use it.
2. Sworkit – This app caters to your fitness goals whether that is to get fitter, leaner or stronger, and provides an array of exercises to choose from, including yoga for runners, daily stretches and 5-minute ab trainings. Workouts range in time from an hour to only five minutes.
3. Down Dog – With up to 30,000 variations of yoga workouts, Down Dog gives you plenty of options. This app has built-in music and seven different instructors for you to choose from so you can have the most enjoyment from your yoga workout.
4. Daily Yoga – This yoga app is the go-to for improving your overall health. Daily Yoga offers 500+ asanas, 200+ guided yoga classes, Pilates, meditation, and 50+ workout plans. There are clear instructions with every workout, three different level options and elective scheduled plans for you to achieve your fitness goals. It’s also connected to the Apple Health app and offers the ability to ask experts questions and get feedback on different routines.
5. Freeletics – This app is a personal trainer in your pocket! An AI coach will drive you to improve your performance by analyzing your workouts and tracking your progress. It will modify your training plan to get you the best results. The app offers 140+ exercises and 900+ different workouts ranging from 10-30 minutes each, including running, bodyweight training, or using free weights.
Pick the location. Choose your front yard or back, whichever is large enough for your group, but not too large that it’s impossible to find the eggs! Make sure it’s safe and set far enough away from the road … a fenced backyard is perfect! (something that comes with every Morningstar Home!)
Stock up on eggs. The more eggs the merrier! Plan on about 10 eggs per child. Plastic eggs work great whether rain or shine!
Have baskets, buckets, pails. You can request that your guests BYOB (bring your own basket), but play it safe and have some extras on hand. Note, plastic Easter Goodie Bags are also a good choice and hold up well whatever the weather.
Hide the eggs. Choose hiding spots that make sense for the ages of the kids invited with more obvious locations (on the lawn), with others hidden in more challenging spots like tucked inside a mailbox or in lower limbs of the trees.
Ready to hunt. If you’re kids are all different ages, let the youngest kids have first dibs on eggs … and then the older ones can clean up the rest!
Who Wins?? In this Egg Hunt EVERYBUNNY is a winner! For additional fun, try hiding PRIZE vouchers in some of the plastic eggs and winners can get an extra treat! Plus, have ONE LUCKY GOLDEN EGG for one lucky duckie!